Calvary Baptist Church Las Cruces Job Description
To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Office Manager/Ministry Coordinator/ Office Administrator
Status: Part Time/Hourly (up to 25 hours/week)
Pay TBD at interview/ above minimum wage.
As a staff member of Calvary Baptist Church this person will model and exhibit our desire to be a “People and Place of Grace”.
About this Role
The Office Manager is the first contact with our community and the ongoing support of our staff and congregation. The Office Manager manages the daily operations of the church office primarily through personal interaction, providing supplies, and communication with those groups.
- Calendar Coordinator - scheduling, facilities reservations
- Assisting the Staff and Congregation with event scheduling procedures
- Attending Staff Meetings
- Communication with Staff, group leaders, & event coordinators.
- Familiarity with Calvary Procedures/processes, able to communicate with congregation on individual basis/answer questions/follow up
- Coordinate with the staff and volunteers regarding the Food Closet Ministry
- Manages Copy Machine and other office supplies and equipment
- Monitor and oversee incoming and outgoing communication
- A Christ-follower.
- Active member of Calvary, participating in ministry and community through small groups.
- Know and support Calvary’s Vision, and ability to discern and integrate those beliefs in daily responsibilities and decisions.
- Excellent Communicator
- Patient and compassionate - “The Face of Calvary”, many people’s first contact at the church.
- Servant Leader
- Self-starter (takes initiative)
Strengths and Skillset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A person who seeks to put others first
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
- Ability to train, motivate, organize and direct the work of volunteers.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Exel, Publisher
- Microsoft Teams, Google Suite: Gmail, Google Drive, and other G-Suite Apps
- Familiarity with handling or converting multiple file types (PDFs, Word, Etc.)
- Ability to use ticketing and coordinating software
- Church Management Software (CMS): Church Teams and Planning Center
- Willing to learn new softwares and systems should they be needed.
- Ability to lift a case of paper and bottled water
- Ability to work on a computer for extended period of time
- Climb a ladder or stairs as needed
Additional Helpful Skills
- Basic copy editing/proofreading a plus
- Web editing (using an editor) a plus